Questions about Geography
1. A "contour line" is a line joining points of equal
- atmospheric pressure
2. Thermal infrared remote sensing shows
- differences in elevation accurately
- the temperature contrasts between features
- the chemical composition of surface rocks
- the wind direction
3. Which latitude always recieves 24 hours of light?
- The equator
- 66.5 degrees N.
- The North Pole
- none of the above
4. The latitude of the Tropic of Cancer is
- 23.5 degrees S.
- 23.5 degrees N.
- 66.5 degrees S.
- 66.5 degrees N.
5. On June 21st, the noon sun is directly overhead at the
- Tropic of Cancer
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Artic Circle
6. The inner core of the Earth is believed to be
- composed mostly of granite
- composed mostly of basalt
7. Metamorphic rocks develop from
- magma under the surface
- other kind of rocks
- sediments when they become saturated with water
- lava that has cooled on the ocean floor
8. The most common intrusive igneous rock is
9. In the hydrologicycle, what percentage of water is contained in the oceans?
10. The most important sources of water that evaporates into the atmosphere are
- the polar ice caps
- freshwater lakes
- the oceans
Some Definitions of some strange words
- A strange looking bird with a long neck and legs. The body is covered with quills and the bird does not fly.
- A unit of length used in expressing stellar distances.
- A species of "gargoyles" which live in the London area.
- The part of the alimentary canal between the palate and the esphagus, serving as a passage for air and food.
- The latest and hippest dance craze.
Some math problems and a list of minerals
(x + 1)4= x4+ 4x +1
21x2+ 60x = 18x3
x4+ 2x3- 13x2- 38x - 24
x3+ 4x2- 25x = 102
Fluorite = CaF2
Calcite = CaCO3
Anhydrite = CaSO4
Pyrite = FeS2
Chalcopyrite = CuFeS2
Magnetite = Fe3O4
Brandons Home Page